Thursday, February 10, 2011

Madelyn's Nursery

Well, I am finally putting up pictures of Madelyn's nursery.  I said I was going to do it for months and I wanted to make sure I posted pictures before I print this blog to a book as a keep sake for Maddie.  Things are going really well.  This is my first week alone with the baby.  She is three weeks old and I am really loving my time with her.  Time flies when you live in three hour increments but I cherish every minute.  Madelyn is already outgrowing some of her newborn clothes.  Actually, she only has three or so outfits in newborn size and a lot of sleepers so moving to the next size up should provide many more clothing options which is exciting but sad at the same time because my precious little star is getting so big.  She is such an easy baby and is so sweet.  J and I are both in love.  Some of my favorite moments are listening to J talk to her.  I don't think I have heard him call her by her name once.  He calls her Sweet Pea and has conversations with her.  Very one sided conversations..it's so cute. 

I've been doing a lot of thinking about how lucky we are to be parents to this sweet angel and have given a lot of thought to all that we went through to get her.  Infertility was downright grueling and stressful at times, not to mention expensive-especially for newlyweds just trying to get started in life with two car payments, a house payment, savings, 401K's, etc.  I worried often about the cost of getting pregnant and stressed over where the cost would leave us but now that Madelyn is here...I can say that every penny was so worth it.  In fact, it feels like a bargain now.  IVF felt like playing the lottery at times.  There were no guarantees.  We paid our money and hoped for the best.  I was hopeful and positive until the day I learned we would have no embryos to freeze and put all of my hope and dreams on the two embryos in my belly-not knowing if either would give us a child.  Madelyn hung in there.  She was one of twelve to survive and I totally feel like I won the lottery-there's no other way to put it.  I will always feel she was meant for us; that she is extraordinarily special.  I would do it all over again in a heart beat . I hope I get to do it again one day...be pregnant that is.  I loved being pregnant.  I loved every minute.  I loved my labor and hospital experience and I would do that all over again in a heart beat.  I hope I get to have a second child one day-but if Madelyn is it for us in terms of children-I can live with that.  How many people get to say that they won the lottery?

Anyway, here are those pictures I promised...









And her bathroom for good measure...

11 comments:

Lmac said...

Beautiful Room

TeeJay said...

You should submit those pictures to a magazine. Absolutely beautiful. You did a great job. I'm not much on pink but it really works in Maddie's room and makes me want to spend time in there. :-) Wonderful pictures.

Julie said...

This room is gorgeous! I love the chandelier and the dresser. Absolutely beautiful.

Glass Case of Emotion said...

Really great room!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

I love the chandelier...what a great touch!

Alex said...

What a sweet post about your sweet girl. I'm glad to hear everything is going so well for you.

And what a fabulous room - you have done such a great job!!!

Mama K said...

Love the room!

P.S. - Totally can relate to your feelings! I would love to have another child as well. I loved being pregnant! But I think I would love to give Leah a sibling more than any of that. But I agree, like you said, if God only blesses us with her then I couldn't be happier! Such an amazing feeling having a miracle to love!

OneGreenDuck said...

What an adorable room! Where did you get the blocks - they are just too precious?!?!

lifeasdescribed said...

Hi! I don't know if you'll remember me or not... you visited me at my old blog Our Little Tweedles. I just wanted to say congratulations on your baby girl. She is breathtaking! So happy you have your little miracle to hold!

Love her room, by the way. So girly and cute! Look forward to following along and watching Madelyn grow :)

~Cathy
www.lifeasdescribed.com

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Such sweet touches! I've been meaning to post pics of Wren's room for some time...need to do it soon, because I hadn't thought about needing to put them in her photo album. Thanks for the push!

You did such a great job! Congrats and I hope you continue to enjoy your time with her, it goes so fast!

Nisha nehwal said...

I have seen that every person wants to express their feelings but they are not able to express their feelings properly in words but the content you have written in your post is very beautiful, it seems that you have expressed your feelings Has expressed. Hi, you are a person who writes a very beautiful post, in the same way, you keep writing new posts in your life, our best wishes are with you. Real Photos Girl Gurugram
Gurugram Girl Number
Cheap price girls gurgaon
Naughty Girl Gurgaon
VIP Girl Gurugram
premium Girl Gurgaon
premium health