Saturday, May 29, 2010

Beta - 13dp3dt

First the number- 291!!!



What an incredible day.  If you care to read about my 2ww symptoms please see the previous post.  I love reading about other women's positive testing stories so I am writing about ours here.  I want to thank you all for your constant stream of comments, they mean so much.  I didn't post at all last week and I think a lot of people were worried as I got a lot of private emails asking what was going on but the truth is that my brother and my Mother in Law read my blog and I didn't want them to find out our news through reading a blog, I wanted to tell them myself when the time came.  So, though they both probably figured not posting on my blog was a bad sign, it was actually good.

We had been taking HPT since 6dp3dt and on 8dp3dt we got our first positive HPT.  We've been taking HPT every day since.  We both woke up nervous this morning even with all of those tests under our belt.  I think our fear was that the beta number would be high enough for a HPT but not high enough for where it needed to be when they did the beta test.  We kept thinking this all had to go wrong at some point, it was too good to be true.

Jamie gave me an HCG chant " HCG, HCG, HCG" as I left the house and headed for the Doctor.  Traffic wasn't bad at all being the Friday before Memorial Day weekend.  I arrived around 7:30.  Stepped inside and had a small wait as there were so many women there for blood draw.  My name was called so I walked to the back and waited another minute while the lady before me finished up.  While waiting I asked another nurse if I could give them my husbands number to call today.  I have phone anxiety on an average day and a day like this would put me over the edge, besides, I knew that Jamie likes to take important calls like these so I was happy to give the nurse his number and then I stepped in the blood draw room.  The nurse asked me how I was doing and I smiled and said good.  She said, "hmmm, women that smile on beta day usually know something."  I just kept smiling but my heart was RACING!  I was so nervous and making a concerted effort not to faint since I only had a deviled egg and protein shake for breakfast.  ( I know gross, but the hard boiled egg was the only egg I had so I decided to make myself a deviled egg).  I was all done and so I called Jamie on my way out and walked to my car.  I was just about to open my car door when I noticed a flower on my wind shield and a card.  I told Jamie there was a flower on my car and he said "you're welcome"...I asked him if he followed me there and then I saw the writing on the card, it was from his Mom.  She left the flower and card.  It was so thoughtful and I told Jamie, "this is so weird because I was laying in bed last night thinking that she would want to be involved today somehow but still respect our privacy so I thought she might do something like this...just to be there for us."  She always finds the perfect card and she has been there for us every step of the way.  I just knew in my heart that some how some way she would be there today.



I had to do something to fill my time before the results.  J and I had planned this day many days ahead.  I would give blood, get a pedicure and hair cut and we would meet for lunch to receive the phone call together since they always called between 12 and 2.  And IF there was good news to be had we would go to a nice dinner to finally celebrate the good news.  We discussed this all week (my back up plan included a lot of alcohol should the test be normal).  So all week long we would fantasize of our fancy dinner and say "if things go well..."

Anyway, I had my pedicure and hair cut and called Jamie at noon and told him I was on my way to meet him for lunch.  He wanted to meet at a local sandwich shoppe but I said "I'm not supposed to have lunch meat...IF I'm you know."  He said "oh yeah, gotcha"  Let's meet at Houlihan's.  So I met him there and he was sitting in the front entry reading email on his phone when I walked up.  He looked at me strange, like just staring at me and asked to see my hair so I showed him and then he just kept sitting there until I said "Why don't we go sit at a table?".  We saw the hostess and Jamie asked me if I wanted inside or outside seating and I said "inside so we can hear the nurse when she calls."  Jamie said okay and we were seated in a quiet booth.  I told him I was going to turn up my phone ringer just in case the nurse calls me instead.  We looked over the menu and J reached his hand across the table and we held hands while we looked over the menu.  I thought this is odd but we have been more touchy-feely lately so I just enjoyed it.  I asked what he was looking at and I pointed out some items that looked good on the menu when he said "Save your appetite, we have a big dinner planned for tonight."  I looked at him and didn't think anything and then I looked at him again and said "Do you know something?"  "Did they call you?"  "Is it good?"  He just reached out and held my hand and teared up as he just kept shaking his head "yes".  I said "So, it's good?  It has to be good, we're going to dinner!  Oh My God!  What's the number!?!"  He said "It's really good." with tears in his eyes and we both sat there tearing up, me with my hands over my mouth.   I asked again what the number was and he said 291 and we both sat in shock.  I asked him when he got the call and he said 10:59!   It was 12:30!!!!  He had known this information for so long!  The rest of that lunch we just sat in disbelief.  It was the best lunch I have ever had!

We left Houlihan's and headed to tell his parents in person-
Attempt 1 - Went to Jamie's Dad's office - NOT THERE
Attempt 2 - Went to Jamie's Dad's workout facility - NOT THERE
(Stop to get frozen yogurt.)  :)
Attempt 3 - Stopped by Jamie's Mom's place, opened garage - CAR NOT THERE
Attempt 4 - Drove through grocery store parking lot to see if she was there - NOT THERE

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND PEOPLE WHEN YOU HAVE GOOD NEWS!?

Attempt 5 - Went to park where Jamie's Dad was playing tennis - told him.  Got a hug in return.  :)
(J needs to go back to work, I go buy a dress for dinner and run to store to get more vitamins - call J to ask him if he wants to go back to his Mom's.  We decide to drive separate.)
Attempt 6 - Arrive at Jamie's Mom's home, her car is still not there but her husbands car is.  We wait for his Mom to return (15 minutes or so), she comes home and J gives her the thumbs up.  Sheer happiness for all.   Lots of hugs and smiles and we share the weeks events with her.

We went home afterward to change and were right on time for our reservation at Tony's,  A fantastic meal with cause to celebrate.

We know there are many milestones to go but we feel happy to be where we are right at this moment.  There is so much to be thankful for and we have the entire Memorial Day weekend to enjoy our results!

29 comments:

tmaddy said...

Congrats to you both! I was anxiously waiting for an update! One step at a time is just fine!!!!

Julia Goolia said...

oh my goodness, amber. I'm tearing up over here! I was SO worried about you and was going to email you today if you hadn't posted. This is amazingly good news and I can't put into word how happy I am for you two. You have just started an AMAZING journey and I just know you will love being a mommy. Enjoy your weekend, mama!

The Swann's said...

Congrats hun!!!! Totally have tears of joy for you guys! Enjoy every minute!

Briana said...

Yay! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! I am so happy for you both!!!!!

donielle@ Naturally Knocked Up said...

Congratulations!!!!

here from ICLW :-)

Melissa said...

Congratulations, Amber!! I knew you'd have a great beta!

babyjourney said...

Yahoo :) I still can remember my beta day! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful!! Congrats!

Allison said...

This made me cry... the happiest of tears, of course. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a FANTASTIC beta! You must be over the moon!!

jenicini said...

Congratulations! I'm so so so happy for you! That is a fantastic number!!!

RELH said...

Congrats! Congrats! I am sooo happy for you!

B said...

What an awesome story and post! I am so incredibly elated for you both! Congrats a million times! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! YAY!!!!!!!

Mama K said...

So exciting!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

How amazing for you! So happy!

Jem said...

I'm glad I didn't wear mascara today because I'm bawling like a baby! What a beautiful BFP story! Thank you so much for sharing!

that's an amazing first beta number!

Glass Case of Emotion said...

Congrats!!! What a great number! I am scared to death, I am going to start testing soon. But it's terrifying, yet you make me hopeful. Enjoy this milestone! And hope the rest come easy as well.

Angie said...

This is so exciting! I'm so so happy for the both of you. Enjoy everything! Good luck on each of your next steps!

Noelle said...

This is truly WONDERFUL and I am SO happy for you!!! I loved your post. I was smiling the entire time. You are going on an incredible journey!

Anonymous said...

Hey Love,
I've been enjoying your blog. Congrats. I thought I'd share my blog with you. We are still trying after two years and its hard, but we are getting through it. I hope you will become a follower and I'd like to add your blog to my blog roll.

http://ourjourneythrufaith.blogspot.com/

You will be in my prayers. Hope to here from you. ~ Jess

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! So excited for you... sending you sticky vibes all the way from Sydney Australia. I'm at 36 weeks 1 day and I'm at the end of my PG journey... but you just enjoy that ride. It's an amazing one!

Krissi said...

OMG!!! I've been waiting for you to post the news!! I am so excited for you! Congratulations!!!

Holli said...

Congratulations!!! I definitely got a little teary reading your story. I'm so happy for you and your husband!!!

Jessica said...

Congrats!!!

Jessi said...

Congrats!!!! I was so excited to see your post...I've been wondering about you! Isn't it funny how much things have changed from just last month?

Alex said...

Tearing up reading your post. SO incredibly happy for you!!!! This is it, sweetie!!!

Priscilla said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!! I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER FOR YOU!!! GREAT HIGH NUMBER TOO!!! WOW...THIS IS SO WONDERFUL!!!!!!! XOXOX

Baby On Mind said...

Congratulations!!! You hubby is so sweet. Enjoy all the sweet pampering! You deserve it.

COUNTRY MOM said...

Congratulations. That is a great first Beta number. What a great post... Praying for you and your blessing.

Ashlee G. said...

What a wonderful post!! So happy for you!

-Ashlee

ICLW#180