Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Waiting for next beta...

One week between betas seems like cruel and unusual punishment. I feel like I am being tortured with this long wait for our second beta! Most women have a couple, maybe a few days between betas, but SEVEN days! SEVEN days??? Come on! So, I sit and obsess. I hope the cramping I am still feeling is a good sign. I’m really tired as well; I hope that is a good sign. I am 18dp3dt today…supposedly exactly 5 weeks pregnant. It just seems odd to think this could really be happening.

I hope that my high first beta number is a good indicator of things to come. After the first beta number I felt pretty good the next couple of days but the fear manages to come back slowly. I wish these feelings of doubt would subside. I do have brief moments where I catch myself thinking positively, but this is rare. I feel like I won’t believe any of this until I see a heart beat.  Hopefully we will get to see one soon.

10 comments:

B said...

Keeping everything crossed for you Amber!

TeeJay said...

Wonderful, wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. And yes, a full 7 days between betas is pure torture. I'm very excited for you!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Oh no...more waiting. Sorry! I can't wait for the high 2nd Beta number!

Alex said...

Can't believe they put you through that torture and make you wait for another beta! Isn't it amazing how quickly we can go from happy to scared, and NOTHING EVEN HAPPENED???? I have so been there - try to hang in during this scary time.

You're pregnant, sweetie - just enjoy this!

Jem said...

Can't you call and make an appointment for anther beta sooner? That's torture!

Mama K said...

I know the feeling all too well! Do you go back June 5th?? I go back in this Friday, the 4th ... hoping to see a NICE increase ... and apparently I'm getting an ultrasound as well because my first beta was so high! It's so hard though with all the days im between and trying to figure out what it should be. Torture isn't even the word!

COUNTRY MOM said...

I look forward to reading your pg journey. I usually go every two days to get my Betas. A week would be hard for me too. Praying your next Beta is great. Blessings,

Priscilla said...

ugh! waiting is torture!! Thinking of you... xox

T said...

Sorry I have been away for a bit. First off ...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you! I will keep you, your hubby, and your little tiny baby in my prayers!

Angie said...

Waiting is always the hardest. As much as we wait you would think we would get used to it.....wait for aunt flo, then wait for the next round of shots, wait to ovulate, 2weeks of waiting, then waiting for betas, etc.....

Praying for a high beta!!!