Wednesday, October 6, 2010

23 Weeks!

I'm feeling great at 23 weeks.  I am enjoying sleep as of right now and even like sleeping on my side with my fortress of pillows.  Don't ask me what happens outside of my fortress because I can't see my alarm clock or my husband and most of the time I don't even know my 93 pound dog is in bed with me.  It's like Fort Knox!  My dizziness is finally gone!  I went to the ENT on Monday and found out that I had Benign Positional Vertigo in my right ear.  Basically we have crystals in our inner ear and the crystals in one ear were out of place so they did a quick treatment where they put them back in place by having me roll my head in specific ways and it's all better!  Who knew it was that easy!?!  Anyway I feel better and I am loving not losing my balance when I turn over, get up or look up.  That has made painting difficult! 

Last week we received the sweetest gift from J's Mom.  I tried to take pictures of the actual items but the light was too dim this morning so I am including stock photos.



These pictures don't do the items justice!  They are so adorable and our favorite items we have so far.  The onezie has Miss February in crystals.  Too cute. 

I read in Jenny McCarthy's book "Belly Laughs" that women gain super human strength in their 2nd trimester.  I must admit that I experienced that this weekend.  I have wanted to move a 9 drawer dresser from one guest room to the nursery for a few weeks now and Jamie has been insistent (considerate man that he is) that we wait for someone to help him with it since it's too heavy for me to lift.  Sunday I decided I had enough waiting.  I took all of the drawers out while Jamie was watching football and drug the dresser across the guest room, stood it on one end and drug it to the nursery ALL BY MYSELF!  HA!  I knew I wasn't doing anything that was too strenuous as I mostly drug it but gosh it feels good to have it in the nursery.  Another little piece of the nursery puzzle completed.  Now I just have to repaint it.  Blahhhhh...

Lastly, J and I went to see Michael Franti last night at the Pageant here in St. Louis.  We had dinner at Pi Pizza first and walked over for the concert.  It was a lot of fun and I just love Michael Franti's music.  He writes reggae type music and sings songs with political and uplifting messages that really make you think.  He played all three of my favorite songs so I couldn't ask for more.   One song is about taking advantage of today no matter what life throws your way, one song is about always being there for your best friend no matter what (loved bopping to this song with my bestie, Jamie) and another song about how the best things in life aren't things, they are living and breathing.  LOVE HIM!  It isn't every performer that invites people on stage and walks around the venue playing his guitar either.  He made it to the balcony at one point.  I just get the best sense of peace from this guy and his music is perfect chill out/tropical type music.  I hope star was dancing!

A couple of funny incidents happened last night at the concert.  As soon as MF took the stage everyone gathered in front of us.  We had claimed a space with stools with our friends.  Of course the only 8 foot tall guy (slight exaggeration but not much) in the house stood smack dab in front of me the whole time.  Usually when you see 8 foot tall people they realize they are tall so they A.) don't stand in front of people but behind and B.) they don't dance like freaks jumping up and down and waving their arms since they are 8 feet tall virtually making them 10 feet tall when you add the arms into the equation.  At one point the guy left to get a beer or something and I was able to see the stage again but that was it!  But the funniest part of our night was this girl who was in the same circle of friends as the tall guy...she was drunk.  So, I am sitting on a stool during the performance and in the first 5 minutes the girl is rubbing her butt against my knee while dancing.  At first I am like okay, no big deal she doesnt' realize what she's doing.  So a couple of minutes later, the girl is straddling my knee and I have no where to go I tap Jamie and show/tell him and he moves her forward.  She was definitely in my personal space and as weirded out by her as I was all I could do was laugh because what the heck did she think she was straddling?  My knee was up her butt!  A few minutes later MF asked people to raise their hands and her beer splashes on my face and in my hair so now I am getting annoyed and then the girl lost her balance and fell backwards on me.  J has always tended to be protective at concerts for some reason but I think the fact that I was pregnant and this lady was acting crazy bothered him more than usual.  So he stood in front of me for most of the concert to block her and occasionally we would laugh at her.  It didn't ruin my time, I enjoyed the music and swaying to the beats with Star and Jamie. 

All in all I am feeling great for 23 weeks and am looking forward to 24!

5 comments:

Mama K said...

Girl, calm yourself! Don't strain yourself or do too much! lol

P.S. - Adorable little socks, love 'em!

RELH said...

Love the socks! The onesie is absolutely adorable!

Alex said...

You sound like you have tons of energy - that's great! Glad you're having fun!!!

Love the socks...

T said...

OMG! Do they make those socks in adult sizes!? Too cute.
Sounds like that girl had a great time last night...and with your knee!!!

Abby said...

Are those Trumpett Socks? I love them - they make adorable designs!!