Wednesday, November 24, 2010

30 weeks! Single digit weeks...here we come??????

How far along? 30 weeks!  I can't believe we could be in the single digit weeks until Star arrives!  I say "could be" because Dr. B thinks she will be two weeks late which will still put us in the double digits for a couple more weeks.  I just can't wait to meet our sweet girl. 

Baby's size? A squash!  17 inches!  I feel like I have something 6 inches in my belly, not 17!  Goodness!

Weight Gain? Not sure what it is this week. 

Maternity clothes? Uh, yeah.

Sleep? Left shoulder blade is still hurting.  I slept on the sofa last night for the first time in a while and have been taking Tylenol PM to help me get to sleep.  It makes getting up in the morning difficult.

Food? Still loving my milk.  I almost went through two gallons last week.  I drank one gallon in four days.  My husband calls me his milk-a-holic...milk-a-what?

Best moment this week? Star had hiccups two nights ago.  It was sweet.  I was lying in bed and told J that star was hiccuping and he said "how do you know she isn't just kicking?"  I said "because what I am feeling has rhythm and she doesn't have rhythm yet."  Her hiccups let me know exactly where her head is lying.  It's on my right side down low and her feet are on my left.  When J goes to feel her kick he always puts his hand in the same spot, that's where her feet have been the whole time.

Another milestone this week is our second wedding anniversary.  J and I have two wedding anniversaries.  Our first was on the beach in Florida with only his Grandmother as a witness on Nov. 25, 2008 and the second was two weeks later in Mexico with family and friends on Dec. 6, 2008.  We celebrate both.  I can safely say that these past two years have been our best even with the craziness of infertility.  We've been together over 9 years (actually we have even lived together for 9 years-I left my dorm room vacant to live with him.  My sorority sisters put a for rent sign on my door!  But I knew then it was serious.  I spent every minute outside of my classes with him.) As great of a ride as the last 9 years have been, it wasn't until a couple of years ago something clicked.  It's different.  We've always been happy but now it's undeniable that we fit.  We belong.  It's so easy.  We still make each other laugh and that's one of my favorite things.  I am so lucky.  I don't know what I did to deserve him but I thank my lucky stars all of the time that I have him.

Movement? Lots!  I try and get J to feel her move but she sometimes stops moving just as he comes over to feel. 

Symptoms? Not at all.

Gender? A beautiful little girl

What I miss? Nothing.

What I'm looking forward to? Our 4D ultrasound.  She's getting pretty big now and I know sometimes the babies can't be seen because they are smushed in the womb so I am hoping we get a clear glimpse of her face.  I would love to see some features! 

Weekly Wisdom:   Keep calm and carry on.

Milestones:  We had our breastfeeding class last week and it was very informative. 

What I love: Our glider.  It's my favorite color-white!  The people I picked it up from had never seen a white one before.  I didn't necessarily want to order a white glider but I didn't want to order a pink one either because we may not be able to use it again in the future in another room.  Brown didn't fit the bill so white it was.  It's beautiful though.  I am going to have a slipcover made for the arms and the ottoman that are washable.  I figure these will be the places that get dirtiest.  The glider fabric is cleanable but I'd like to protect it rather than clean it if I can.

Emotions: Their okay.  I have my moments where I stress out of sheer tiredness sometimes.  We had five friends over for dinner Saturday night and right before they showed up I was so tired that had they not been coming over I would have gone to bed.  It's the first time I would have loved a glass of wine!  I had a shot of coca-cola instead.   A pick me up.  I have to say I haven't seen a couple of our guests so trashed in a long time!  The liquor was free flowing that night!  It's funny watching people get drunk when you are perfectly sober.  Reminds me of our wedding night.  Next Friday we will be hosting 15 or so of J's employee's and their spouses/significant others at our home.  I am hoping that since this is catered I won't be running as ragged as I was last Saturday. 

Projects:  The bassinet our friends gave us is ready and clean.  I made an ultrasound album for Star.  She has so many pictures and with two more ultrasounds to go, she's going to have many more.  I also made her a keepsake box with all of our keepsakes from IVF in it.  My calendar is in there, all of the cards we received from J's Mom as well as cards from J, my ID bracelet from egg retrieval, a rose J's mom put on my car the morning we had our first beta.  It's a special box to go along with Star's blog book and ultrasound book.  Everything is organized and each item has a note to say what it is.    Upcoming projects include the collage over Star's dresser and paint touch-ups as well as slip covers for the glider.  I am hoping J will tackle the paint touch-ups.  :)

3 comments:

Noelle said...

I can't believe how far along you are already! It seems like just yesterday you got your BFP! And Star us much bigger than Baby B ever was!!! I agree...the ottoman and the arms get the dirtiest.

Julia Goolia said...

you are like, SO pregnant. Will there ever be belly pics to see???!?!

Alex said...

30 weeks - wow! I vote belly pics too!!!