Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thankful

I thought an awful lot about how thankful I am last week.  I thought about it before Thanksgiving.  I thought about it daily as a matter of fact.  I summed it up by saying that I am thankful for everyone that has touched my life this past year.  That sounds so flippant in a way but so many people touched our lives and I am grateful for them all. 

I asked Jamie what he was thankful for Thanksgiving morning and he gave me a smile and pointed to himself (jokingly) which is so typical for my husband.   Thanksgiving evening, he made the most beautiful statement about all he is grateful for. 
It's been a hard year and sometimes I don't think I realize how hard it's been until I stop and think about it.  I didn't realize how hard the infertility process was until I made it to this side.  We are seven months pregnant with a little girl and I can still hardly believe it.  I am thankful each and every day for our gift.  I am thankful for my husband who was the best friend and nurse I could have asked for.  He was so supportive and made it to 98% of the appointments and gave me 99% of my injections.  He handled all of the calls to the pharmacy and I will never forget waking up on Mother's Day to find him gone.  He had run to the pharmacy to pick up more IVF medications.  He was amazing during that process.  He's amazing now.  He is going to make a great father.  He is comprised of the best part of each of his parents and Grandmother.  I love that about him. 

I'm thankful for the medical professionals in our lives this past year.  They helped to create our dream and for that I will be forever grateful.  I am so thankful for the Doctors and the nurses and the rest of the staff at Wash. U.

I'm thankful for my husbands family who supported both of us through the process and were there for us.

I'm thankful for my friends, Emily, Anna, Kristen and Denise who I rarely get to see but who I love dearly.

I am thankful for my dog, Wilson.  He watched me leave this morning as I backed out of our driveway for work and will be there to greet me when I come home tonight from work like he does everyday.  Dogs are great.  Each day J and I are greeted like we are the best things to walk through the door and I gotta tell ya...no matter what happened before you walk through the door, it somehow disappears when a furry friend is there to greet you.

I am thankful for J's job and especially his manager.  J has done very well his first year at a new job, actually that's an understatement.  He's done amazingly well.  J and his manager have a great connection that I hope will continue.  They both love Phish and they are both just weeks away from having their first children, both baby girls.

These are just a few things/people I am thankful for.  There are so many.  I am so fortunate in so many ways and it's the few people I surround myself with that I owe so much of my happiness to.

No comments: