Wednesday, December 1, 2010

31 weeks-Busy, busy, busy.

It's my 31st week and though things feel completely out of whack I am still happy and there is no amount of discomfort that could make me say otherwise.   I've noticed I am emotional this week.  I was loading the dishwasher Monday evening when I thought I could cry.  For what?  Nothing.  Just felt like I could cry.  Tuesday I had a sad moment on my way to work and Wednesday I had one at my desk.  I am exhausted and I couldn't fit another item into my schedule if I had to. 

I am tired.  I am sleeping but have set up my bed on the sofa once again.  This is the second night I have slept downstairs.  My left shoulder is hurting now constantly; all day and especially when I try to sleep.  Heating pads help but not much.  The only thing that helps me fall asleep is the arsenal of pillows I surround myself with.  Pillows propped in such a way that I can rest my arm in a position that will allow it to not irritate my shoulder.  The sofa provides back support which I like too.  I am worried about sleeping in Florida while on vacation.  I am worried that I won't have my maternity pillow which is the foundation of the nest I make myself each night-even on the sofa.  I also sleep with a stuffed animal that I place under my belly to prop it up and a tiny pillow under my chest to prop it up.  Along with three full size pillows of different thicknesses, a smaller pillow to support my arm, a heating pad rolled up and stuffed in my bra and a fan.   It's insane but it's the only way I feel completely pain free and comfortable.  Each time I get up to use the bathroom at night I have to remake my nest.  A pain but again, the only way.  Two nights now I have slept from about 8:30 to 7 the next morning.  I could easily sleep longer.  I know being this tired is part of the third trimester so I am rolling with it but it's hard to face the holiday season and all of it's stresses with a yawn and no energy.

As with every weekend right now we have a lot going on this weekend.  Friday afternoon we have our 4D ultrasound.  I am excited for this.  I hope they are able to see Star's face.  I know that sometimes the face can be covered or the baby can be faced down towards the spine.  J told me last night that he is "very excited" which makes me happy.  I feel like the ultrasounds are his time to bond with the baby if that makes sense.  I carry her and feel her multiple times a day so for him to get to see her is special.  I am excited for him to see her more so than I am for myself.

Friday night we are hosting J's employees and their spouses at our home.  This has only been planned for a week and a half and I hope it goes well.  I feel totally unprepared which is not usually the case for me.  I am usually over prepared.  I can't believe I will be lying down getting an ultrasound with less than 4 hours until twenty-something guests arrive at our door.  I would normally take the morning off of work too but I am saving every minute of PTO that I can.  At least it's being catered and we will have the help of servers at the party.  Seeing as how I am asleep by 9:00 currently I am not sure how I will stay awake very long once guests arrive at 7:00. 

Saturday I have a lingerie party to attend for a friend of mine that is getting married.  There is a bachelorette party afterwards which I am skipping thanks very much.  Going to buy lingerie while 7 months pregnant was strange.  I felt strange buying it for someone else for starters but even more strange for looking through lingerie with a big belly.  Yilkth!  I can picture myself in a strappy number laying in my pillow nest.  Yeah, right.  Saturday during the day I have nothing going on and would normally squeeze a project in but I know right now I won't have the energy.  There are still projects for Star's room and our time is running out.  I can literally see the sand in the hour glass passing before my eyes.  I am counting on some of Christmas and New Year's break to finish these.

Sunday we have our childbirth class from 8 - 4.  That's a long day.  I know it will be informative and I am so glad to be taking this class with J but I am not looking forward to giving up an entire Sunday.  J isn't either for that matter.  He will be tivo'ing his football games.

Next week is our last week in town before vacation and I am hoping it flies by.   I am also nervous about packing.  We are leaving Friday night so I won't have anytime but the week nights to pack for our trip and I am so tired at night after work.  It's going to take a lot to pack too as I am going to have to be creative with clothes since most of what I have is winter attire.  I guess I will start Saturday and add things as I go through the week.

Did I mention I made appointments for two pediatricians in the upcoming weeks?  One of the Peds. is our OB's grand children's Pediatrician and so far from his reviews on line I like him the most.  The problem...we can't get into interview him until Jan 18.  He only does interviews on Tuesdays.  One of the referrals has an average wait time of 30 minutes-  Another referral doesn't do interviews and meets the baby after they are no.  We have a Ped. office very close to our home that I wanted to check out as well so I scheduled an appointment there for Dec. 22 as well.  I think I know which one we will end up with but I hate to wait until Jan. 18 to make the decision when Star is due just a few weeks from that point. 

Well, I guess that about covers it for week 31.  And for the record I made a new record-a gallon of milk in two and a half days.  I can't get enough of the stuff.  Jamie calls me his veal which made me laugh.  As soon as he said it he said "I can see that getting posted on the blog."  Here you go babe!

No comments: