Wednesday, December 29, 2010

35/35

Holy Crap!  35 weeks down/35 days to go until our Estimated Due Date (the original Feb 2nd due date).  I am in awe that we have made it this far and in what seems like a flash.  35 weeks has passed in what seems like the blink of an eye.  I started reflecting back on the last 35 weeks and it looks something like this...

It all started with this little prayer the day of our first injection for this cycle...

"I asked God to watch over us as we pursue our dream of having a child. I promised him that I would make this child my first priority in life and would make it my mission to raise a child that felt wanted and loved. I would give this child all of the good things I have been afforded in life and do my best spare it all of the negative things. I would help guide this child to be a loving, responsible, caring, intelligent person. I would give this child all that I have if we could be so lucky as to have a successful IVF cycle this time."



 May 15, 2010 - Embryo 1 transferred
 May 15, 2010 - Embryo 2 transferred

An excerpt from my post the day of transfer-

"There, in the middle of my uterus on a fuzzy ultrasound screen was a bright glow, our embryos. Jamie rubbed my arm and then grabbed my hand once we got closer to the moment and when I looked back at his face once the transfer was complete he was red and he had tears in his eyes. I looked back once more and he had his head down. That summed it up, all of our hard work, our many appointments, all of those injections, vitamins and pills were for this one little magical moment we had been waiting for. The embryos sat in the brightest spot on the screen in a little air pocket in my uterus, it was done. "


A few days worth of positive pregnancy tests kept secret by J and I while we soaked it all in.  An experience I thought I would never have.  I just kept testing!
June 17, 2010 - 2 days before J's 34th birthday.  Our first ultrasound where we saw the heartbeat for the first time.  J posing with our lucky coconut.









Our  10 week ultrasound. 
June 29, 2010 - Our 12 week ultrasound.  Printed to tell J's Grandma that we are expecting.









August 7, 2010 - J's Grandmother's 85th birthday party.



















 Sharing the good news at 14 weeks.
Great moment. Grandmother and Grandson after the announcement.



















September 16, 2010 - 18 weeks
It's a GIRL!
 Still, my favorite ultrasound.
Presents for Daddy.  The day we found out we were having a girl.
December 3, 2010 - 4D ultrasound.












I can't believe so much has happened in 35 weeks.  We are so fortunate.  As far as the pregnancy at this point...my bones hurt.  Sleeping is very uncomfortable and I flip back and forth constantly throughout the night because laying on my sides is hurting my bones from my lower legs all the way up to my shoulders and especially my hips.  Sleeping on my back helps to relieve my sides but I can only lay that way for so long before it gets really uncomfortable.  Two mornings ago I woke up in so much pain I was walking like an elderly person and so I took a hot shower to warm up my bones and that helped.  Sleeping on the sofa is helping some as it is softer than our bed.  Looks like sofa city is it for me yet again.

I have also been experiencing more BH contractions.  Cramp like feelings low under my belly that last 30 seconds to a minute.  They just appeared on Christmas night and happened a couple more times throughout the next couple of days.  Looks like the ol' body is preparing for our little star.

On another front.  I have to admit I am getting nervous for the arrival of our little bundle of joy.  I know she will be the best thing that ever happened to us and that we will love her to pieces but I also know how much work a baby is when it isn't mine so I can only imagine how much work a baby will be when it is mine.  I know our lives are going to change drastically.  I love our life right now.  I know I will love our new life too but it's scary to say goodbye to our current life.  I sometimes wonder if J realizes how much work it's going to be.  Even if he doesn't, I know he will be an active participant when Star is here.  

We worked on Star's room this week.  We have a few more things to hang and then the slipcover needs to be completed and the room is all set.  Which reminds me...we need a small fan for her room to reduce SIDS.  They say a fan circulating air reduces SIDS by 80%.  I need to get on that but where do you buy a small fan in the winter?  I've looked but heaters are all I find.  Star's lamp and baskets came in last night for her bedroom and J had them all set up when I got home.  We got this adorable little lamp from Land of Nod.  Love that place but would it kill those people to have a sale once in a while?  Anyway, we got this little bird bath lamp that looks antiqued with a white shade.


We had also forgotten about two purchases we made for her walls back in October!  They were on back order at Pottery Barn Kids and we were never called.  We would have completely forgotten had it not been for me finding the receipt in Star's closet by mistake two nights ago!  I called and they were in.  Here they are....


So sweet!  Oh! And we have decided to seal the room off from any more visitors and put Star's name up along with her initial on another wall and her monogram!  It's official, we're close!

3 comments:

One Who Understands said...

Wow, 35 weeks already! The things for her room look adorable. She will be here in no time.

Alex said...

Star's room is just adorable! One more month... unbelievable!

devon said...

Yeah that hip bone pain is awful!!! I have had it a lot too, and feel like I look like an old lady in need of a walker when I manage to get out of bed! (and I'm only 29 weeks! yikes!)

Love the birds for her room! precious!