Saturday, May 15, 2010

TORTURE I tell you!

6:22 AM- This is going to be a long post.  It's Saturday morning and I am nervously anticipating word on our transfer. Torture.  I've been up since 1:15 this morning.

Someone from the Dr.'s office is supposed to be calling us between 7:30 and 8:00 this morning.  They will tell us to either come in for a 9:20 (day 3)  transfer they scheduled for us yesterday or they will tell us to wait for Monday (day 5).  It all depends on what the Embryologist finds when he/she opens the incubator for the first time since Thursday.  Talk about torture.  UGH!!!

I haven't slept well in days.  I am a stomach sleeper and since my ladyville is all painful I've been forced to sleep on my back.  I can't find a position that makes me comfortable and sleeping on my side would normally seem like a good compromise but it hurts as well.  I've been getting up hourly to pee as well.  It hurts when my bladder gets full.  I have to nearly roll out of bed multiple times a night and I wince in pain each time.  I don't remember ever reading that there was this much pain or discomfort after ER. 

I gave my cell phone to Jamie so he could answer it.  I am too nervous to talk to any nurses.

6:35 AM- I've been thinking of our embryos so much over the last day especially.  I was up multiple times last night talking to them and telling them to be strong.  I have been visualizing cell division.  I always felt that if we could get to the point where our egg and sperm would have the opportunity to be together they would do well.

6:42 AM-What the heck am I going to do with myself for 45 minutes or more?  AHH!

6:49 AM- It just occurred to me that I could be P.U.P.O. (pregnant until proven otherwise) today!  Holy cow!!!!!!!

6:56 AM- I was just reminded of my Progesterone in Oil shot when I stood up.  J gave it to me in my thigh last night.  That'll be the last time he gives it to me in my leg.  YOWZA!!!!  The needle is huge to begin with and at least in the hip I can't see the shot.  I looked at my leg last night to see if he had removed the needle at one point and the needle was just sitting in there like a dart!!!! J wasn't even touching it!  Never again.

7:05 AM- Checked facebook, everything looks good there.  Emailed MIL.  Watching the Today show.  That BP oil spill in the Gulf pisses me off!

7:16 AM- I wonder what pictures are on this computer?

7:18 AM- Awe, a couple of puppy pictures of Wilson.  :)

The day we brought Wilson home...

One of my favorites.  


Wilson last summer at the St. Louis City Park.


  Okay, I guess I better go sit next to Jamie and wait for the phone call.  They said last week they would call between 7 and 8 although yesterday they said between 7:30 and 8:00.

7:25 AM- 3 day transfer!!!!!!!   Today is the day!!!!!!  Better get showered I have a date with my embies!

6 comments:

Alex said...

Wow! This is so very exciting!!! Good luck with the transfer! Take care of those little embies!!! Also, love the picture of Wilson - what a cutie!

Noelle said...

I am so excited for you!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

B said...

How exciting! I am thinking tons of positive thoughts for you!!!!

jenicini said...

What a cute puppy you have my PUPO friend! Sorry I haven't been cheering you through this round as I've been running around like crazy for the last two weeks. I'm hoping for you though!!!

Lorin said...

Good luck! The transfer will be a piece of cake, I'm sure. The 2ww is the hard part. But you have an adorable dog to get you through it. =)

Glass Case of Emotion said...

Cute puppy photos!