Monday, January 11, 2010

CD-1 HOORAY!!!!!

So the provera did it's magic and AF started yesterday morning!!!!!  Strange enough, Andrea my coordinator at the SHER institute emailed me to introduce her self asking me to let her know when AF showed.  I called her right after receiving her email.  She is so nice which will make this journey so much easier.  I really fear mean nurses/coordinators! 


I am trying to learn as I go along so bare with me while I post some of my more interesting findings on here.  Just little tid bits of info, I won't bore you with all of it!

This is what we discussed:

  • I will have my first fluid ultrasound tomorrow to measure my ovarian reserve and antral follicles. 
Ovarian reserve is essentially my bodies fertility potential or remaining egg supply. 

Antral follicles are small follicles (about 2-8mm in diameter) that we can see, measure and count.   The fluid ultrasound will also detect polyps or cysts.  Antral follicles are a good predictor of the number of mature follicles that will be able to be stimulated in a woman's ovaries with injectible FSH medications used for IVF.  For more on this click here

Average or high number of follicles usually gets a good response with mature follicles. Pregnancy rates are higher in this case. 

When the follicle count is intermediate the response is not predictable.  This could have a high or low response.


Few follicles usually gets a poor response with few mature follicles.  Cancellation of the IVF is common here.



  • I will have blood work after the fluid ultrasound.
  • J called and got his MSA and STI scheduled for this week as well as infectious disease  blood work.  (sounds like something a monkey would be tested for)
  • Start Birth Control Pills after blood work-taking only the active pills, throwing away the inactive pills and starting a new pack in the inactive pills place. 
  • Calendar review will probably be next week.  
I am so excited to get this going!

No comments: