I am trying to learn as I go along so bare with me while I post some of my more interesting findings on here. Just little tid bits of info, I won't bore you with all of it!
This is what we discussed:
- I will have my first fluid ultrasound tomorrow to measure my ovarian reserve and antral follicles.
Antral follicles are small follicles (about 2-8mm in diameter) that we can see, measure and count. The fluid ultrasound will also detect polyps or cysts. Antral follicles are a good predictor of the number of mature follicles that will be able to be stimulated in a woman's ovaries with injectible FSH medications used for IVF. For more on this click here
Average or high number of follicles usually gets a good response with mature follicles. Pregnancy rates are higher in this case.
When the follicle count is intermediate the response is not predictable. This could have a high or low response.
Few follicles usually gets a poor response with few mature follicles. Cancellation of the IVF is common here.
- I will have blood work after the fluid ultrasound.
- J called and got his MSA and STI scheduled for this week as well as infectious disease blood work. (sounds like something a monkey would be tested for)
- Start Birth Control Pills after blood work-taking only the active pills, throwing away the inactive pills and starting a new pack in the inactive pills place.
- Calendar review will probably be next week.