Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Baseline U/S

Guess who went to their new RE's office at 8:00 AM this morning?????   ME!!!!!!  I was so excited to be starting fresh with a new IVF cycle and a new RE office.  I checked in and had a seat and in five minutes or so I was called back before my scheduled appointment was to start!  It's apparently the small things that impress me but giving blood at the SAME office I have an ultrasound scheduled THRILLS me.  I went back and had my blood taken and was told to go around the corner and have a seat on the bench.  The ultrasound technician told me I could just go right into exam room #1 and so I did.  I hadn't been to this ultrasound room before and it was different than I was used to so I sat in a waiting chair until I was told to drop 'em.  How refreshing to have a little private changing area with a mirror...and a bathroom connecting to the ultrasound room!  Again, it's the small things that give me the cheap thrills.  So I dropped 'em and grabbed a real cotton sheet (not a paper sheet) and walked over to the ultrasound chair, put my feet in place and took a little ride while the chair leaned back and adjusted as the technician got it to just the right position.  She said our objective was to make sure everything looked nice and boring, she took some measurements and some pictures and that was that!  Over in a flash!  B-O-R-I-N-G!  Starting with a fresh clean slate!  No cysts or abnormalities!

In my former RE's office the Dr. did the ultrasound but I didn't see a real advantage to it.  It wasn't like he remembered my uterus the next time I visited.  All in all a great experience, I was out of that place by 8:11!  Whew!  Love that!  I will be getting a call from the nurse today to give me direction for my stimming meds that start on FRIDAY!   I can't believe it, I am so happy to be getting this show on the road!  

UPDATE:  I just got a phone call from the office.  E2 is 55 (Dr. wants it below 67, so that's good)  Jamie and I both take our zithromax on Friday at the same time and Follistim begins!  225 units Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Blood work Monday and then I will get further instructions!  How refreshing to see a Dr. that fills in my calendar as we go and not before my cycle even begins!  LOVE IT!

Oh yeah, WAIT!  Honey, remember the other night when I told you to start practicing for our grow follies grow song!  You better get tuned up because it starts Friday! I expect PERFECTION!!!!  ;0)

As always...I am crossing off the days on my work calendar!

11 comments:

Jessi said...

I'm glad you found someone you like! That is so important. And it's exciting to things moving along for you!

Alex said...

So exciting to start your IVF cycle!!! And the fact that you love your new office is amazing! Makes all the difference in the world.

TeeJay said...

Yay! It sounds like you had a great appointment. And it's always nice to be in and out in a flash! So glad the show is getting on the road!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

So happy that you are at a place that you like…it is the little things that matter! Sounds like you are starting off perfectly!

http://doihavetobeadink.blogspot.com

Katie and Howard said...

Yay yay yay!!! Sounds like things are starting out great! :)

Deni said...

Positive steps forward! I love it! That picture on your desk is so cute of you and hubby! It looks like y'all are on the bachelor and He won!!!

Glass Case of Emotion said...

LOVE the desk shot- your dog looks so much like mine in that photo. (He's half golden/ half lab/ but the face is especially golden-y.) I love your pretty calendar. That is fun, each step of IVF is SUCH a big relief to cross off. Glad to hear baseline went well.

I am RIGHT behind you. My baseline is next Friday. Hope this is your (Our) cycle!

Melissa said...

Yay! I keep checking your blog to see when you'll post about the progress in this cycle! I'm glad you're off and rolling! Can't wait to hear if you end in a BFP!!! Which, of course, I REALLY hope you do!

Krissi said...

Your excitement is infectious! Sounds like a great office and a wonderful start! Good luck on this IVF!! I did 6 cycles and now I have my family and I blog to help others. I just added your link & would LOVE for you to check it out!! (ICLW #90)

RELH said...

I am soooo excited for you. I am glad that your E2 checked out. Friday will be great for you!

Baby On Mind said...

I'm so excited for you and your next cycle. I'm glad you are have a good experience at the new RE's clinic. It's a sign of more good things to come!