Friday, February 12, 2010

Acupuncture and a Valentine's Day Treat!

Acupuncture-TAKE 3!  Okay, so I don't want to brag but guess who went to acupuncture and didn't knock out any needles?  ME!  Every single needle stayed in tact!  YESIREE!  I was so proud of myself!  I have to admit, I wasn't so sure about acupuncture in the beginning but I am starting to REALLY believe in it.  I have noticed over the last week I have been starting to feel more positive.  I have had a low day here and there but for the most part I feel like a completely different person than I did 3 and 4 weeks ago.  I tried listening to a meditation sound track while relaxing at the acupuncture office today, it helped a little bit but relaxing is still hard for me.  I am also trying to do little things to pamper or treat myself, I would love to get a massage this weekend, maybe a pedicure next weekend and oh boy would I love my eye brows waxed!  We leave for a weekend trip to Chicago next weekend where I will see my good friend from college and spend the weekend with my wonderful husband.  Spending time with my hubby, that's pampering myself, love that man.  Anyway, here's a pic of the needles in my belly and my feet!

Another reason I could be feeling a little less like the spawn of Satan or Regan from the exorcist as my husband likes to call me from time to time may also be due to the vitamins I have been taking lately.  My doctor recently posted on his blog that he recommends taking the following before treatment:

antioxidants ( I drink two tablespoons of a juice concentrate every day)
fish oil (2 times a day)
Vitamin B complex
Calcium
Prenatal vitamins with folic acid
Baby Asprin-I opted to take this after checking with my nurse as I researched and found benefits to it

Here's what that looks like:


Oh...AND!!!!!  I got some valentine's treats today...




Okay so maybe it's not your typical foil wrapped chocolate but I feel pretty darn excited about this package of meds and needles!  Expecting another box of big girl meds next week!  I figure I may as well love it now since I most likely won't be in a week!  Very excited to get started!

No comments: