Monday, February 22, 2010

Miss Kitty, Talking Follies, Hot Flashes and Chicago

Well, I have injected myself six days now with lovely lupron.  Okay, Friday morning J wanted to give it a go so I let him give me the injection and when he poked me with the needle I yowled so he pulled back and then had to stick me again!  Whenever I see even the littlest amount of blood or feel the teeniest amount of pain I tell J I need a pink Miss Kitty band aid.  I keep them in my tupperware container with all of the other meds, alcohol wipes, needles, etc.  I haven't used a Miss Kitty band aid but I hope to soon!  I've got one bruise on my abdomen so far from my Sunday morning injection.  It's not painful but it's there.  A lot of weird feelings going on in my girly areas, not sure what's happening.

J likes to joke about my follies every once in a while.  He tapped my stomach the other day and then apologized to my follies.  Saturday night I had fallen asleep and forgot to take my prenatal pill and J kept whispering "What about the follies?" until I got up and took the darn prenatal pill.  I like it when he talks of my follies!  I like to act like my follies are talking to J just to be funny so I put my fingers where my ovaries are and wiggle them and say "Thanks Daddy". 

J and I had the most incredible weekend in Chicago!  We drove there from St. Louis Friday morning.  We got to Chicago around 3:30.  Our hotel was right on Michigan Avenue so J and took a walk after arriving and then split off.  He went to see a band and I went to see my favorite college buddy Anna and her son Jack.  Anna, Jack and I had dinner and it felt so great to catch up with an old friend who I haven't seen since my wedding in Mexico (Dec 08).  Her son Jack is the cutest, I just melt when I see him. 

Saturday morning J and I woke up early and went to this incredible restaurant, Ann Sathers, for breakfast and then back to the hotel room before shopping!  We walked all over Chicago!  I suspect we walked about 6 or 7 miles and even found time to meet Anna and Jack at Millenium Park to do some ice skating!  Okay, well I didn't skate, I took pictures and guarded our purchases while Anna, Jack and J skated.  J was so great and helped little Jack skate.  Jack spent more time horizontal than he did vertical but he really did skate better after being out there an hour or so.  Here are a few pics of the three of them.






These pictures make me so happy.  I stood on the perimeter and smiled my face off.  I loved seeing Jack play with Jamie.  It's a reminder of why J and I are in this fertility stuff to begin with.  It means so much to me to spend time with Anna and Jack and what makes it even more special is that J knew what it meant to me and spent his Saturday afternoon helping Jack skate.  J was so smitten with Jack, understandably so.  What a cutie! 

OK, so last night I had a terrible nights sleep.  I'm not sure if it's the lupron or the steroids preventing my sleep and giving me hot flashes but I couldn't fall asleep for the life of me last night and finally popped a Tylenol PM and then woke up repeatedly during the night sweating!   

As for other side effects.  I felt like I could cry at the drop of a hat in Chicago.  I was having lunch with Jamie before ice skating and I just started telling him what it meant to me to see Anna and Jack and how I miss Anna terribly.  Before I knew it I was bawling, trying not to, but bawling none the less.  J gets this deer in the headlight look, like "oh crap she's going to make a scene".  The second time I could have cried with no effort was at a wonderful dinner J planned for us Saturday night.  Every thing was great and I was in a good mood and I looked at him and said, "Just so you know I feel like I could cry at the drop of a hat".  Again, he looked confused and frightened of the possibilities.  I held it together.  It wasn't hard, I was in a good mood after all.  Strange stuff, these drugs.

On another medical note...I took my last birth control pill yesterday!  I do believe that means we are heading in the right direction!  I have my ultrasound Thursday!  Please cross your fingers for us!  I have been a little worried about this ultrasound because our coordinator said that Dr. A wanted to be sure he saw me and that is was important.  I don't know why.  Maybe it has something to do with PCOS?  


No comments: